Saturday, March 27, 2010

blog#3

I have decided to write about, " Just walk on By: A black man ponders his power to Alter public space" by Brent Staples. Overall the author is saying that prejudging people based on their race or color before they know them is unfair and not right. For example Staples said "Another time i was on assignment for a local paper and killing time before an interview I entered a jewelery store on the city's affluent near North side. The proprietor excused herself and returned with an enormous red Doberman pinscher straining at the end of a leash. She stood,the dog extended toward me , silent to my questions ,her eyes bulging nearly out of her head. I took a coursory look around , nodded and bade her good night." This quote stood out to me because I have seen such things first hand. I have worked in sales for many years and the number one thing I have learned is that you should never judge a book by its cover. I think that the way he was traeted was horrible and uncalled for. I have seen many big sell that we had in our job by someone we had never thought that they are going to buy even a penny thing from us but they end up with the biggest sell of the month. We all should learn that people are the same and it doesnt matter what color is your skin or what is your race ,you should treat the same way as every body have been treat. Staples mentioned on the aother part of his story about how women when they saw him at dark ,they hold their purse and walked out of him; but i have to say i have seen many other robbery by other race and by some one you had never gusse so we can not say in general all of the black people are dangrious or prejudge them before know them. I am as a diffrent race in this country have to say that i have the same issues that Staples hero in this essay.We all can change our mind about this so if you are prejudging the people you should start working on yourself before it gets late.

No comments:

Post a Comment